Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Don Hertzfeldt, Xtacles, Costa Rica, WonderRoot show, Eyedrum show

Oh man. I'd like to write more but I have to pack!

- Don Hertzfeldt tonight was awesome!! Thanks to everyone who came and especially to those who helped make it happen (Karl Sigler especially, and Robert and Laurence for their handiwork, and Alena who updated an important spreadsheet). I could thank so many people! Kelly Duane, whose blog I was reading then clicked on her link to Don's to discover he was going on tour which led to tonight, deserves thanks too, even though she's in NYC!

- There's a brand new series on Adult Swim by 70/30! You might know their previous shows, "Sealab: 2021" and "Frisky Dingo". The new show's a spinoff of "Frisky Dingo" and is called "The Xtacles". If you watch closely, you can spot my face in the first episode; look for the bearded guy in the second half of the show:

The Xtacles Epsidode 1

I don't know how long that link'll work. Here's an article about the series.

- I'm leaving for Costa Rica at 7am to help with the Montezuma International Film Festival there. I have not packed yet.

- There's going to be an amazing music and art show November 22nd at WonderRoot. Three of my most favorite bands in the world (Omelet, The Back Pockets, and Eshniner Forest) will be playing, along with other bands I don't know about yet. More details to come soon, but rest assured it's going to be amazing because Em Kempf is running it- and any show with Omelet OR The Back Pockets is great, and this one has both!!

- The next ASIFA-Atlanta event is our big art and music show on December 6th. If you're an artist, dropoff is December 3rd at Eyedrum. We're still working out the details for art dropoff.

No comments: